Becoming a VIG member provides you access to local government experts, discounts for leadership development programs, brokered training and facilitation services, and much more. Contact Jennifer Nelson to become a VIG member.
Becoming a VIG Member
Every county, city, and town in Virginia is eligible to become a member of VIG. Any town under 1,000 population becomes a member automatically when its parent county joins.
Membership dues are based on the locality's population. They range from $250 to $20,000. This formula was recommended by a task force of public officials to be equitable and affordable.
- Unlimited access to AskVIG, VIG's email inquiry service
- A complimentary eBook version of the latest Virginia Local Government Tax Rates
- Brokered training and facilitation services — Our instructors and practitioners can personalize training and facilitation services for a range of audiences including front-line employees, senior administrative officers, and the elected body.
- Limited use (by appointment) of office space/conference room in the VIG Richmond office for representatives of your locality when visiting the capital city on official business
- 10% off Senior Executive Institute (SEI)
- 10% off Leading, Educating, and Developing program (LEAD)
- Discounted access to Weldon Cooper Center staff and resources including the Center for Economic and Policy Studies, the Center for Survey Research, the Demographics Research Group, and the Sorensen Institute.
CURRENT MEMBERS (FY22)
|Big Stone Gap|
*These small towns (population < 1,000) are members by default because their 'parent locality' registered as members with VIG.