Becoming a VIG member provides you access to local government experts, discounts for leadership development programs, brokered training and facilitation services, and much more. Contact Jennifer Nelson to become a VIG member.
Becoming a VIG Member
Every county, city, and town in Virginia is eligible to become a member of VIG. Any town under 1,000 population becomes a member automatically when its parent county joins.
Membership dues are based on the locality's population. They range from $250 to $20,000. This formula was recommended by a task force of public officials to be equitable and affordable.
- Unlimited access to AskVIG, VIG's email inquiry service
- A complimentary eBook version of the latest Virginia Local Government Tax Rates
- Brokered training and facilitation services — Our instructors and practitioners can personalize training and facilitation services for a range of audiences including front-line employees, senior administrative officers, and the elected body.
- Limited use (by appointment) of office space/conference room in the VIG Richmond office for representatives of your locality when visiting the capital city on official business
- 10% off Senior Executive Institute (SEI)
- 10% off Leading, Educating, and Developing program (LEAD)
- Discounted access to Weldon Cooper Center staff and resources including the Center for Economic and Policy Studies, the Center for Survey Research, the Demographics Research Group, and the Sorensen Institute.